Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Mason!

The Invites



The Cupcakes


Obstacle Course


Birthday Boy



Party Time


Last week was Mason's birthday. I can't believe he is 5 already. He is such a sweet boy. He is an amazing big brother to his 2 little sisters. He is so curious and creative. He is constantly amazing me with the things he thinks of. He is so much fun and I love seeing the world through his eyes. We love, love, love, having him in our family.





He has been looking forward to his birthday for so long. It seems like almost 9 months ago he started asking when his birthday was going to be. So you can imagine how excited he has been. He decided that he wanted a superhero/batman party. So batman it was. I made batman invitations for all his friends which he loved. He carried his invitation around everywhere he went all week long. It was cute. Then I decided to make capes for all his little friends that came to the party. It was a lot of work. But I just kept picturing in my mind all his little friends running around in our backyard with their capes on. Mason loved the capes, he could hardly wait for his party so he could have his cape. Then when all his friends got here he would excitedly hand each of them their capes.





For the party we had pizza and batman cupcakes. We did a superhero obstacle course which Mason loved. Each of the kids ended up doing it over and over. We then did pin the bat on the batman. Then we had tons of balloons that had candy inside of them. We then threw them out and they had to get the balloons (a.k.a the bad guys). In the end instead of doing treat bags I bought a whole bunch of candy and set up a little makeshift candy bar. Each kid got to fill up their bag with candy. It all turned out really fun. Mason had so much fun. He was just grinning the whole time. Throughout the week while I was working on things Mason came up to me and said " Mom I just love when you do really special things for my birthday party. It makes me so happy." When he said that I knew all the work and time was so worth it. I had so much fun doing it and I know all to soon he is going to be way to big. And he will think things like this are so not cool. I figure I need to do it while I still can. He is still talking about all of it a week later. I love that boy!!!!

16 comments:

K said...

You are amazing! I can't believe you sewed all those darling capes. The work we go to for birthdays is amazing, but it's worth all of it to see those little smiling faces and the happy memories that last forever. Darling, darling, darling party!

The Packers said...

okay, how fun does that birthday party look. we had a batman party a couple months ago, but it doesn't come close to your batman party. i'm sure mason was in love with it all. everything was so cute, the invites, cupcakes and those capes. holy cow woman!!!
by the way, heard brode gierhart is the new counselor. hopefully this is the last counselor bishop will have to call! :)

Matt and Allyson said...

Miles would go NUTS over that party. He is crazy over batman, and he has no idea who he is. It must be a little boy thing. Sounds like the party was a hit. Happy Birthday to Mason. Miles' is coming up soon. Hope I can pull off a party.

Anonymous said...

Look at you Kelsie! Sounds like quite the party. I can't believe that Mason is 5, that is crazy. I love the candy bar idea - I wish I could have been there for that :).

Lisa said...

Sounds like he had a great birthday! What a great mom you are, although it doesn't suprise me! Any plans to go to SV soon? Maybe we could meet up with Jennie there and do lunch or something. The last time I saw you was in Laramie, Mason was just a little baby! Wow, time does fly!!!

Anonymous said...

You go girl!! What a great mom you are and what a sweet, handsome boy you've got there!! What a fun party!!

Emily K. said...

What a sweet little boy, and what a sweet, caring mommy you are!!

A & M Ras said...

It looks like you had a great birthday party. Happy Birthday Mason. You are such a good mom Kels.

Katrina said...

I love the capes, invitations, creative games -- what a fun party! You are so creative. I don't know how you got it all done with three little ones at time. You are amazing!

Tiffany said...

Wow, you win the award for coolest mom in history! your kids are so lucky! I'm way impressed.

scoot and sara said...

What a cool party! You are so crafty and creative!

TinaBean said...

oh my heck. you are the funnest mom ever. i hope i can throw my kids that awesome of parties when they get older :).

Jenny said...

That looks like such a fun party. Cade would love that batman party. For some reason he is in love with Batman. You are so creative.

The Packers said...

has it already been a year since chris got put in the bishopric. wow! that went by fast! so, how is it now with three during sacrament? your kids are good i' sure it is a piece of cake!

Rache said...

hi kelsie, so glad to have met you. Your kids are darling. Mason will have fun in school with Ethan and Syndey.

Emily J. said...

Okay can you say Ben is cringing the next time we see you because he honestly thinks Mason is at least a foot taller than Landon. What a fun birthday party and you are super mom for making all those capes. Way to go!