



This last weekend was our ward fathers and sons camp out. Mason has been so excited he could hardly stand himself. He has been counting down for weeks waiting for this weekend to come. He and Chris have talked about it every night when we tuck him into bed. So he was so happy when it was finally time to get things packed up and leave the girls behind. He was so cute and helped me make a list of the things that he thought he might need up at camp. Then when I asked him what kind of snacks he thought he wanted to take camping he thought for a couple minutes and told me Jerky and Tootsie Rolls. I then asked him about drinks and something a little more healthy and he told me "no we don't need anything else Mom just Jerky and Tootsie rolls and we will be just right". They had such a great time. I think he smiled from the minute they backed out of the driveway until they came home. When he got home he told me all about the sticks and rocks that he had found while he was up there. When they got up there they set up the tent and then were hanging out around the campfire and Mason kept telling Chris come on Dad lets just go back to our tent and eat our snacks. I think all he did from the time they got there until they came home is eat jerky. Oh well I guess that is what,s fun about camping is eating whatever you want. Mason had so much fun and hasn't stopped talking about their trip. I sent the camera with Chris and lectured him forever about getting some good pictures and he did a great job. Here are some cute pics of their trip.





5 comments:
10 points for Chris for taking the pictures! I love how excited Mason got. Jerky and tootsie rolls? Sounds like something a guy would have for a meal. Too cute!
You forgot the picture of me and Chris showing off our amazing acting skills! Haha, just kidding. It was a good time!
I am amazed every time I read your blog how similar Miles and Mason are. I just wish they could be closer. Matt took Miles to our wards Fathers & Sons campout..and refused to take the camera. So I have nothing to show for it...only dirty clothes and a homemade bow and arrow. Oh well!
How did you do it? I had Scoot take my camera and he said it sat in the truck the whole time. I was hoping for at least one picture of him and his grandpa! They had fun and Scoot always talks about how cool Chris is and how he's going to take him scouting for some sheep.
love the father and sons pictures. pretty impressive for chris to take pictures-i know i would have sent keith with the camera and he would have come home with no pictures. hope you had fun and got to sew all weekend with the boys gone. --so, two more weeksish to go. can't wait to see you new addition and find out what cute name you named her!!!
Post a Comment