




A couple weeks ago we decided to escape the Vegas heat and drive up to Mt. Charleston for a little picnic and hike. We had so much fun. You could tell the kids have been stuck in the house for the last month with nowhere to burn off all that energy. They just ran around in circles and played in the dirt the entire time we were there. I don't think either one of them stopped to rest until we loaded them up in the car to drive home. They both fell asleep within minutes of getting into the car. It was so fun to be exploring and playing in the mountains. I think that is the biggest thing Chris and I miss about Utah. It is amazing that driving for less than an hour and it's at least 20 degrees cooler. Which makes a huge difference when it's 110 outside. Mason was so funny while we were there he kept telling us how much he loved being at "tallest mountain" . I guess that is what he thought it was called. It sounds a little like something off of Dora or Diego. Maybe that is what happens when you live in Vegas that any mountain seems like a huge mountain. Since that Saturday he keeps asking us when we are going back to tallest mountain. Hopefully we can go back soon.





8 comments:
Fun Kellsie!! Hey I need yOur email address So I can Invite YOu To My Blog.WELL I Love YOu guys!!
Looks like fun. And I agree, tallest moutian totally sounds like it is from Dora or Diego. Josie calls all parks play parks and I know that is from Dora. It looks your little family is adjusting well to the new baby! Hope all is well!
What a great little family photo. I seriously can't believe how big your kids are getting. On the other hand, it's been quite a while since you lived in Utah- time just flies so fast. Kaleb started 5th grade yesterday. So glad to see you having fun, and in a cooler spot than the 110 degree city!
Kimberly
I completely understand the feeling of being trapped inside and the kids almost exploding when they are able to finally run around. We need cooler weather here, double time.
You have such an adorable little family. And, I can see that you are the greatest mom!! 3 kids is so scarey to me, but you make it seem so easy. Travelling to the mountains with a newborn? Good job!! Hope you are all doing well.
It's good to get out and enjoy the mountains...it would be so hard for me to be without them. Glad you are doing good!
I am amazed that you are out hiking already! Good for you. We miss the mountains so much - Iowa is flat, flat, flat. If it weren't for the corn fields there would be even fewer "hills".
Your family is so cute! I hardly know them - when we move back West I will come and visit for sure!
Hey Kels!
I hope you saw my comment about loving that I found your blog :)...it's so good to see you and your family! You are all so dang cute. I hope you don't mind I added you to my friends list. Our blog is tinaandjake.blogspot.com
Take care!
Tina
Post a Comment