Friday, April 18, 2008

Construction Zone





For the last couple weeks we have been living in a construction zone. I am so far behind and have a lot to blog about but haven't had a second to myself. Since we moved into our house we have been wanting to do a couple things to improve our house and we were finally able to do it after saving up for the last year. When we bought our house there was a big space that was just open and lofted. Which was nice to look at but basically just wasted space. Also we only had three bedrooms and really wanted to make a fourth bedroom. So we closed off our existing loft/family room/toy room and made a fourth bedroom and put in a floor where it was lofted the full two stories and that will now be our family room/play room. Everything turned out so great. We got so lucky and really amazing people come work on our house. Which is a miracle because you never know what you might get in Vegas. Things are kind of slow as far as building goes so we were able to just move from framers to electrical and then dry wall and painter with not even a day in between sometimes. We got so lucky. Everyone was done on time and we even came in UNDER BUDGET!!!!! We couldn't believe it. That is not what I was expecting when we started but we will take it. It took just about 2 weeks from start to finish. Our poor kids got so used to having people coming and working on our house Mason keeps asking when the workers are coming back. Kinley got so used to people showing up at 7 AM that she started sleeping through the generators and nail guns towards the end. Now they both keep wandering through the house rediscovering everything. It was hard for them to be kept in one little part of the house with only a few toys but they were so good about it. The whole process ended up being not to bad other than the dust and mess that was left behind on everything. But we are so excited to have it all done!!!! I haven't taken any pictures of the end result but I will post some later.

2 comments:

A & M Ras said...

Everything looks so nice. I want to see pics of what you did with the hideous wallpapered kitchen.:)

Katrina said...

I can't wait to see the final results. I bet it is so nice to have it done. Enjoy your house!