Friday, March 7, 2008

No Training Wheels




The last couple weeks Mason has been asking Chris to help him learn how to ride his bike like a big boy. He informed us that he is to big to ride a bike with training wheels and he no longer needs them. So Mason helped Chris take off the training wheels and away they went. We were so proud he did awesome. After a couple times of Chris running beside him he started doing it by himself. He finally figured out how to do the brakes without throwing his feet down and running with his bike to get it stopped. I guess once you take the training wheels off everything is new again. We are now just working on teaching him how to get started by himself. I couldn't believe that he did so well in such a short amount of time. I got a little to excited and started yelling and clapping and I think I distracted him a little and he almost wrecked. Woops. So I am going to have to hold in the excitement and praise until he is stopped. It was so fun to see him riding like a big boy as he puts it. I love seeing the excitement on his face as he accomplishes something new. Now I just need to go out and stock up on Band-Aids and Neosporin since I know there will be many wrecks as he gets it all figured out completely. I am trying to prepare myself for that part still. But I guess it's all part of learning and getting bigger.

3 comments:

Matt and Allyson said...

Love it! Is Mason wearing an apron? Tell the fam hi!
xoxo

A & M Ras said...

Way to go Mason!!! That is so awesome.

The Happy Bunch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.